The winners for the 5 APLORI PAOC sponsored places from the submitted abstracts have been announced. See winners and their project topics to be presented at the PAOC in Senegal in October 2016 below:
- Sola Iwajomo – Intra-African Bird Migration as revealed by satellite telemetry: insights from the African Cuckoo Cuculus gularis and Black Coucal Centropus grillii.
- Sam T. Ivande – Wintering Palearctic migrants – how specialised are their habitat requirements?
- Wale Awoyemi – Patterns in avian nest predation in north-central Nigeria: an experimental study.
- Nanchin W. Kazeh – Effects of parasitic load on the body condition of the African Thrush (Turdus pelios).
- Bridget E. Ogolowa – Distribution of the Rock firefinch Lagonosticta sanguinodorsalis in relation to food and water availability.